San Diego Lawyer also representing clients in Del Mar, La Jolla, Escondido, El Cajon, Chula Vista, National City, Carlsbad and Southern California
Mark R. Velasquez, Esq. - Biography
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Velasquez was a commercial airline pilot and flight instructor. Mr. Velasquez flew for American Eagle Airlines on international routes throughout the Caribbean islands, and domestically within the Southwest United States. He was a Captain for AirNet Express flying express mail and hazardous materials, and was a flight instructor at San Diego Flight Training International.
Mr. Velasquez received his Juris Doctor from Pacific McGeorge School of Law, located in Sacramento, California in 2006. While at McGeorge, Mr. Velasquez represented clients in the misdemeanor and domestic violence courts in Sacramento, California with the Public Defender’s office, and assisted persons with landlord/tenant issues in the Unlawful Detainer Clinic. He was also an ABA student member, an admissions department Student Ambassador, a Saint Hope high school mentor, on the Client Interviewing and Counseling Competition Team, and President of the Ski and Snowboard Club.
After law school, Mr. Velasquez became an associate attorney at Mitchell & Gilleon, in San Diego, California, where he handled personal injury, defamation, contract disputes, and medical malpractice claims. He then worked for Wesierski & Zurek, LLP in Irvine, California, an insurance defense firm, working in all areas of civil litigation before opening the Velasquez Law Firm in 2008.
- J.D., McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento CA (2006)
- B.S., in Environmental Science, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ (1995)
- Graduate, United States Air Force Academy Preparatory School, Colorado Springs, CO (1991)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- State Bar of California
- American Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego
- La Raza Lawyers of San Diego
- Airline Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA)
- San Diego County Bar Association New Lawyers Division Sports Committee Chair, former NLD Board Member
- Rutgers Club of San Diego, President
- Steele Canyon High School Mock Trial Team Coach; Clairemont High School AOBT mentor